Monday, July 27, 2009

Mani in the Gardens of Light, inspiring or discouraging?

Hello People,








I have been reading a book called " The Gardens of Light" by Amin Maalouf. It is a captivating book which Amin Maalouf decribes Mani very well, and even goes as far as commenting sermons. I love the book and I admire Mani-Hiya, 'The Living Mani'. Starting with "In the midst of these men I went my way with wisdom and quile" (A), "My Hope has reached the East of the World and all inhabited regions of the earth" (B), "I came from the Land of Babel to send a cry resounding across the world" (C) and "Gaze on me, feast your eyes on my imge, for ye shall not see me in this quise again".(D).





" Nothing remains of his books, of his works of art and of his fervour, nothing of his generous faith, his passionate quest, his message of harmony between men, nature and the deity. Of his religion of beauty, of his subtle religion of Darkness and Light".





Would you find Mani inspiring or discouraging? I think Mani and myself are much alike.











Thoughtfulness

Mani in the Gardens of Light, inspiring or discouraging?
I would not read this book from this description.


No comments:

Post a Comment