Monday, July 27, 2009

Need help deciding what to do with the rest of my life.?

Hello, I am a 35yr old single female with No children and now no living relatives. I have a beautiful home and a very nice car that are both completely paid for. I have a few yr. of college education but no degree and unfortunately with my unpaid student loans, I'm unable to finish my degre at this time . I live in a very small southern town but was raised up in a large northern city. I have no real job experiences. OH and I also have no job now. I have happily dedicated the last 20 yr. of my life to taking care of my last Aunt who past away about 4 yr ago at 90, my only sibling who past away of AIDS about 2 yr. ago and my mother who past away this past Feb. 14 at the age of 78. Leaving me completely along in this world, but I guess that's Life. Thing is I would love to do something Great, really GREAT with my life but i don't really know which way to turn. I love helping those in need and would love to travel the world abroad. I am considering joining the military IF I can get a medical waver for the titanium plate in my head ( yes I'm serious) but if not I need a very good plan B and C I'm in great shape and always in high spirt. Smile Please help!!!

Need help deciding what to do with the rest of my life.?
Speak with a banker just to gather information about the possibility of mortgaging your house to finance college. Also, speak with several military recruiters to ascertain the possibility of enlistment with the physical condition you mention. And, as a lifelong caregiver, contact on the Internet or through a local hospital a caregivers association to learn more about how that role has affected you. And, speak with a hospice social worker about your recent losses. Gather all of this information and then think about what YOU really want. I'm awfully sorry to hear about your losses, hon. You are young. The world is wide open to you. Take some time to heal and regroup and then get out and have a great life, OK?
Reply:Well it sounds like you are really good at taking care of people. Maybe you could do that for a living? I am sure many families have family members who can't take care of themselves anymore, but they don't want to put them in a nursing home and they don't have time to care for them themselves. Maybe you could be the home assistant for some old person or disabled person? You don't have any formal training in it, but I think you have enough experience that this might be a possibility. This would be especially great if you could work with a young intelligent disabled person, who has many years left to live and many more contributions to make, but they simply can't take care of themselves.

marguerite

No comments:

Post a Comment